Onions - 2 large
Tomatoes - 3
Carrots - 4 medium
Beetroot - 1
Fresh peas shelled -1/4 cup
Red cabbage - 1/2
Oil -3 tblsps
Coriander, curry leaves -to garnish
Thick coconut extract - 1/2 cup
Grated fresh coconut -1/2 cup
Poppy seeds - 1 tblsp
Cashew nuts -10
Roasted gram -1 1/2 tblsp
Green chillies - 3
Red chillies -6
Salt - as required
1. Peel and chop onions finely. Cut all the vegetables into fine pieces.
2. Pour just enough water to cook the vegetables (except tomatoes) and pressure cook till one whistle.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan and fry onions till golden brown.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and stir till it turns pulpy.
5. Mix ground paste with this and stir for few minutes.
6.Strain water from cooked vegetables (use it for soup or for grinding the masala)
7.Add the vegetables to the fried paste and stir for few minutes.
8. Pour coconut extract and cook till boiling point. Remove from fire.
9. Garnish with coriander and curry leaves. Serve hot with phulkas.