Friday, September 25, 2009

Black eyed beans (lobia) sundal


Ingredients:
Black eyed beans -1 medium cup
Urad dal -1 tsp
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Dried red chillies -3-4
Asafoetida (hing) a pinch
Curry leaves - few
Salt -as required
Oil -1 tblsp

Method:
Soak the beans overnight in water.
Next day drain the water and pressure cook the black eyed beans for 20-25 minutes
Remove from the cooker and take a kadai and season in a little oil with mustard seeds,hing,red chillies,urad dal and curry leaves.
Now put the cooked lobia in the seasoning and add salt and mix and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
The sundal is ready and you can add fresh coconut gratings and mix it thoroughly.

14 comments:

  1. I just love this sundal, such a protein packed dish na!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sundal super. Perfect for the festive occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks good cool you live in Dubai we visited a couple of years back, are you putting saffron in your rice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chundal...Quite apt for the navrathri occasions.

    I am first time here... You have a neat space...
    Do drop in when time permits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just came across your blog visiting the regular ones... This dish is very healthy one...

    I will not say Nice picture but the photograph appears real...

    You also have prepared recipes from bittergourd, so will appreciate you... because I dont like it... :)

    Anyway do not expect me the next time... I dont get always time to read the blogs... You can expect me and my opinions like the Dean of any college who makes asurprise visit and judges and presents his views...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love sundal :) I've not tried it with balck eyed beans though...will surely try it. Nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, first of all thanks for visiting my blog and am really glad u liked my recipes...i've not been blogging for the past 2 months bcoz of my busy schedule at work but hopefully i will come back shortly. Thanks once again. And you have an awesome blog too yaa.....keep it up, nice job!

    ReplyDelete