Diluted buttermilk - 1 glass
Turmeric powder --1 tsp
Daniya (coriander seeds) - 1 tsp
pepper corns - 3-4
methi seeds (fenugreek) -1/2 tsp
Tur dhal - (red gram dhal) -1 tsp
Red chillies -3-4
Curry leaves - few
Asafoetida (hing) -a pinch
Salt - as required
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
1. Take a vessel and pour the diluted buttermilk in it.
2. Dry roast daniya seeds,methi seeds, pepper corns,tur dhal and red chillies.
3. Now powder the roasted items in a dry grinder.
4. Add the powdered items to the buttermilk and mix thoroughly.
5. Place the buttermilk on the gas and add salt, turmeric powder,hing and curry leaves and allow it to boil.
6. As soon as it starts coming together and the froth comes, put off the gas. (do not boil for a long time as it will curdle).
7. Now remove from fire and season in 1 tsp of oil mustad seeds.
This dish can be had with plain rice.It is quite sour and a bit spicy also.