Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nellikai (goose berry, amla) pickle

Ingredients:
Nellikai (amla) -1/4 kg
Turmeric powder -2 tsps
Red chilly powder -6-7 tsps
Salt - as required
Oil - as required to cover the pickle
Mustard seeds -2 tsps
Methi seeds (fenugreek) -1 1/2 tsps

Method:
Wash the nellikais (amla) and cut into tiny lengthy pieces.
Now roast and cook till soft the amla in little oil
Now remove the amla from fire and put it in a vessel and put turmeric powder,chilly powder,salt and methi powder and mix thoroughly. (dry roast the methi seeds and powder)
Now pour sufficient oil in the kadai fit to cover the amlas and add mustard seeds and hing.
When the mustard seed splutters put off the gas
When the oil is lukewarm, pour it on top of the amla which is covered with masala.
Now mix thoroughly.
The amla pickle is ready for consumption.

11 comments:

  1. Looks so good, wish I could taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had this for lunch today! I wonder how this one tastes and it looks delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Can you tell how much hing, just a pinch? Sounds different from how I make it. This one sounds good and thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tempting and mouthwatering amla pickle..

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks tempting... wish to have it rite now with curd rice..Yum Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kitchen Queen, You have a wonderful collection of recipes. Please accept a 'Giant Bear Hug' from me at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pickles. This looks yummy.
    I just gave you a bear hug.
    Check this link.
    http://www.vidyasrecipes.com/2009/10/giant-bear-hug.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite pickle.Looks so very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    Many postings in so short time!!! Very nice!
    Keep it up! Thanks for visiting me! Keep in touch, Past 11 years I was also in Dubai!! Missing Arabic food(Falafel sandwich, Tabbouleh,
    Hummus etc/, :-( )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried making this pickle...looks spicy and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete