Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mullu Muruku (Chakli)


Ingredients:

Rice flour -2 cups

Pottu kadalai (roasted gram dal) -3/4th cup

Moong dal -1/2 cup

Sesame seeds - 1 Tblsp

Butter - 1 Tblsp (for crispness)

Salt - as required

Oil for frying


Method:

Take 2 cups of rice flour powder the roasted gram and slightly dry roast the moong dal and powder it finely.

Now Put all the powders together in a bowl and put salt,butter sesame seeds and water and make a dough.

The dough should be of dropping consistency from the mould.

Now take a kadai and pour sufficient oil in it and fill the mould with the dough and press it from the top so that it falls into the oil and gets cooked.

Keep the flame so that it gets cooked well and also does'nt get burnt or become very brown.

Now after it is made put the murukus (chaklis) in an air tight container and close it tightly so that the crispness stays.

You can have it with tea or just munch whenever you want.

18 comments:

  1. Crispy murruku, i also made this for diwali. Next time i will add pottukadali mavu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks very crispy..perfect snack at tea time

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice and crispy murruku.My all time fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mullu muruku,my all time favourite .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Murukkus, prefect snacks..mullu murukus looks crispy and fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks crispy, can I add cheese into it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy..I never used moong dal...will try once :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course darling...You have an open invitation...without any validation...I would be more than happy to cook for you...the best of my knowledge.... :-)

    And these murukkus are just evergreen...u don't get tired of them..what so ever...

    Love,
    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, although I don't have the mold with me. I'll get it next time I go to India.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love muruku. Don't have the tool to make it though. Will try this one as soon as I have the chakli, I hope thats what you call it, handy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. delicious and crispy..will always want it for a tea time snack..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love muruku and me too made the same for diwali. Tks for visiting my blog.. will follow yours regularly..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crispy and crunchy murukku!! Perfect for tea time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this my friend's mother used to make this for us when we were little :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. mullu murukku, my all time favorite snack; noone can resist that!

    ReplyDelete