Friday, November 25, 2011

Kothamalli podi / Coriander leaves powder














Ingredients:

Coriander leaves - 1 bunch

Chana dal - 1 tblsp

Urad dal - 2 tblsps

Dry red chillies - 5-6

Hing - 1/4 tsp

Tamarind -(powder) 1 tsp (bought from grocery shop)

Method;

Wash the coriander leaves nicely and cut into pieces along with the stem.

Put the cut leaves in a microwave bowl and microwave for 4-5 minutes.

Take a kadai and put the dals and red chillies and roast.

Take a dry grinder and put the dried coriander leaves.roasted items,tamarind powder

and grind into powder.

Now put the powder in a bowl and add salt and hing and mix nicely.

The kothamalli (coriander leaves) powder is ready.

You can have this podi with plain rice and a few dollops of ghee.

you can even use this powder for any dry south indian version of dry curries and cook.it

will be delicious.






23 comments:

  1. very aromatic one. I have one in my drafts. thanks for reminding it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a similar one out of curry leaves. This is new to me. Worth a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen koththumalli in many months in this country...waiting for few weeks to pass and want to make loads of this podi...i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely recipe, can almost sense the flavor:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will happily have with rice anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this podi! I'd lap it up with gingely oil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unique recipe. Lovely preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting recipe. Have only made the karyapak podi. I have had kothamali pickle from grand sweets and that is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An aromatic podi!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cilantro - sure this one would be tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too make this. its my favorite podi :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure that must me something very flavourful..thanks for sharing such a nice recipe..hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice to eat with plain rice and hot ghee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very flavourful!!!!!
    can smell it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We call this Thokku. I simply love this

    ReplyDelete
  16. superb way to store coriander for a long time!!! will try this definitely!
    nice blog Kitchen Queen!
    I blog at Crumpled Chillies!

    ReplyDelete